Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Make your own Fruit Yogurt

I don't know about you... But, when I read the ingredient labels on yogurt I am dissapointed that a "healthy" food is usually full of sugar and other chemicals. I also have trouble finding a fruit whole milk yogurt. I might cheat here and there if I am eating, but not for my son. So, I decided to make my own.

When Apollo first began eating I bought a bunch of baby food. Of course, he decided he wanted to feed himself... now I am stuck with a bunch of baby food. Not anymore!!


Begin with whole, plain yogurt. Your babies and toddlers need the fat, so give it to them.
And it's better for you! I have some links on the research on my Fruit Tart Recipe

 
Mix in some baby food or homemade puree for flavor. 
Sometimes I will add mashed up fruit or Citrus pulp  juice.
 
 
Some of Apollo's favorites are:
Apricot
Pumpkin
Banana
Applesauce
Carrot
Pear
Mango
Oranges
Lemon
Blackberry
 
 
I make a little at a time for breakfast.
 
 
Kid can't get enough of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment