Friday, October 17, 2014

Oops, I never published this!

So yes, it's March and this is my first post of the year... 

But I've been doing some really good things with my life... So it's all good!
Our house is getting better. So far we have replaced the roof and the porch... Gutted one room... Began removing a fire chimney... Stripped the floor in the upper floor loft... Removed about a quarter of the wallpaper in the guest room... And completely renovated our son's room. It sounds like a lot., but there is still so much to be done. And that is just the house!

I was able to set aside and area to work on my arts and craft projects. I've been making Dreamcatchers, beading and sketching. I painted a watercolor of an Apache Crown Dancer for the Union County Arts Council's local artist showcase... And it SOLD! That was so encouraging and I am a more confident artist! So I went ahead and bought some more watercolor paper, a few canvases and some oil paints as well. I do what I can, when I can. I'm also getting support from other local artists and Native Artist around the country. This support is so important to have because my life is so hectic at times. So, if you're reading this... THANK YOU!

Our business is continuing to grow! We've put a lot of effort, training and time into it this year. Failure is not an option... And we are doing whatever it takes to be a success! There have been challenges, like having a 2 year old at your feet while you're trying to have a webinar... Or late night meetings... Or traveling from Union to Greenville, Columbia, Charlotte, Tampa, Miami and everywhere in between. 

Our biggest challenge is to get people to understand what we do and why we do it...
It boils down to this: we get to be the boss of our own lives. Apollo gets to grow up with both parents around.



No comments:

Post a Comment